Signing in

I got up at 5.30am, I am dripping in sweat, the connection is running very slowly and Windows is determined to install yet another Service Pack but, nonetheless, I wanted to register the fact that we were here.
Maggie is at her new school working. At 8.45 on the first day of term, unlike in Ciudad Rodrigo, there were other staff members kicking around. The caretaker greeted Maggie with a cheery Good Morning! (in English), introduced himself and said "You'll want to see the Head then?"

I came on to the flat and unpacked the stuff to the flat. It's a good job we haven't brought much as there is hardly any storage space - no shelves, cupboards etc. Now to go out and buy all those basic household items from salt and dishcloths to tea and rubbish bins. More sweating I suppose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit bigger than 12 gauge

Second class citizens

Shopping