Personal news

An old friend sent me a message the other day enquiring after a job that I'd mentioned in an email. Just so you know I have now signed a contract to start with the Wall Street Institute in Cartagena as a teacher of English from the beginning of September this year. The place is only about 10 minutes walk from home and, I'll be doing just 15 hours a week in the first place, generally from 7 till 10 in the evening. I won't get rich from the pay but it will be nice to be out and about again.

Rather an amazing thing for those of you who know me and my record at interviews. I'm not sure I've ever got a job before from an interview where there haven't been other factors working in my favour. An interview done totally in Spanish come to that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales of Empire

Second class citizens

Shopping