An illustrious audience

I was doing an English conversation class with about eight students the other night. We were talking about important dates in their lives and one of the students explained how he had been a team member of the Spanish handball team that had won the World Championships in Tunisia in 2005. I was impressed.

A couple of days later I was giving an individual class to a young woman who had been in the group of eight students along with the handball player. Somewhere along the way we ended up talking about her job as a swimming coach. This young woman has a visual impairment. She told me that she had competed in the Paralympic Games in Athens in 2004 and again in Beijing in 2008. I was impressed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second class citizens

Shopping

A bit bigger than 12 gauge