Lock in


I drank quite regularly in the Postillion in Paston once upon a time, long before it became a Tesco. Only once was I included in the nightly lock in and only then because I was with a good looking young woman with long blonde hair.

Last night we were in a bar. As we paid to go one of the customers started to chat to us mainly about us being English but speaking some Spanish. The bar owner enticed us to stay with a free drink. The customer offered to buy us another drink. We  didn't really notice that the door shutter had been pulled down; we'd been locked in.

But it wasn't illicit drinking they were after, oh no. As soon as the shutters were down out came the ciggies. Smoking in public places is no longer allowed in Spain. Luckily I had my cigars with me. One wouldn't want to be seen as churlish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales of Empire

Shopping

Second class citizens