Still, officially, looking


The Official School of Languages. Not some back street academy run by a pack of St Trinians types. No, the real thing, the official thing. They do lots of English courses and plenty of other languages but they don't do Spanish courses. It was one of the first places I checked when I started the hunt. Despite all the setbacks we are still looking for a Spanish course or, at least, some Spanish practice.

I went to the Escuela Oficial today because a colleague of Maggie's had suggested that their noticeboard was loaded with people looking for intercambios, exchanges, half an hour of Spanish and half an hour of English over a beer a couple of times a week so that both sides get a bit of conversational exercise. As you can see from the snap the place was heaving with people. But, on the noticeboard, nobody, nothing; well I could have rented a flat or bought a car or got some translation work done but no inercambios. I left a little ad of my own. Fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second class citizens

A bit bigger than 12 gauge

Shopping