Whimpering

I may have started when I was younger but I distinctly remember making plans to avoid dancing classes at school when I was 7 years old. Over the years I have gone to great lengths to avoid dancing. I was told that dancing was the key to sex when I was a teenager so I went to a couple of discos but I hated them. I decided that I could do without sex if it involved dancing.
I don't dance. People are always telling me that I should. They tell me how much fun it is, how I'll enjoy it when I get started. They're wrong. It isn't fun, it's humiliating and I don't enjoy it - I detest it, I hate it, I loathe it and I would quite happily hurt the fools who continue to pester me about why I should dance.
Today I went back to the Adult Education Centre for the "presentation" about the Spanish for Foreigners course. There were a couple of hundred people in the hallway pushing and bumping into each other, I was dripping with sweat having walked there quickly, there was no sign of any organisation and the only way to find anything out seemed to be to fight my way to the front of an unruly mob who were asking a woman, a woman who had perfected the "no idea" shoulder shrug, where to go. I turned and left.
People tell me that the trick to speaking a language is to "just have a go." It's becoming a bit of a problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second class citizens

A bit bigger than 12 gauge

Shopping