Danny Blanchflower all over

Football isn't a strong point with me. Back in the UK, Jim once suggested that I could write all I know about football on the back of a postage stamp. He was wrong of course - postage stamps have glue and such on the back which makes it nearly impossible to write on them.

Today, whilst Maggie stalked the aisles of Primark in the Nueva Condomina Shopping Centre looking for pillows I had a look around and I took a few snaps of the Nueva Condomina Football Stadium next door. It's the home ground for Real Murcia Football Club.

Now Murcia had a brief blaze of glory when they were promoted to the First Division (that's the one with Real Madrid, Barcelona etc.) two or three years ago but they've had a couple of disastrous seasons and are currently languishing in 19th position, that's in the relegation zone, in the 2nd Division (A). So far they've picked up 23 points from 23 games whilst top placed club Hércules (from Alicante) have 44 points. Cartagena by the way are third with 40 points.

Now, as I say, I know nothing about footie but that 31,179 seat stadium looks pretty impressive to me for a struggling 2nd Division Club.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second class citizens

A bit bigger than 12 gauge

Shopping