Three jobs in one

We were just passing that rough looking bunch of houses, close to the "Open University" when my mobile phone went off. Being on the bus I was able to answer. It was SERVEF, the Employment people, the ones I'm registered as unemployed with. The bloke said they had a job offer for a teacher of English in Elche which is miles from here and a reasonable distance from Culebrón. He wasn't sure whether it was full time or part time or how much it paid but we both agreed it was worth going for an interview and taking it from there. He needed my CV and amazingly he not only seemed to understand my spelling of my email address but his message was waiting for me when I got home.

As I was dealing with his email I got a text message from the same SERVEF about a job so I added a little addendum to my message asking the SERVEF man if this was the same or a different job. He replied within minutes saying it was the same job. Nothing to do then. It was about 7.30pm.

This morning, about 8.15 I heard my mobile in the spare room. I was still lounging in bed and despite that tumbling, bleary eyed dash to the phone it fell silent as I touched it. They left a voice message though, to phone SERVEF about a job, reference such and such. It was the same reference as the text message which was, apparently the same job as the original phone call and the email. I felt obliged to call - just to prove that I'm up for a job.

Belt and braces, better safe than sorry or left hand and right hand?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second class citizens

A bit bigger than 12 gauge

Shopping