Does David Cameron look like Nicholas Parsons?

I thought he had certain similarities. It's like our President bears a remarkable likeness to Mr Bean.

Bear in mind Cameron is a very minor political character here. Brown, like Sarkozy and Merkel, gets a fair few mentions in the media because he's a Prime Minister. I also know Gordon from the past, from a time when I could recognise UK politicians. Cameron and Clegg are new to me.

Remarkably, well I thought it was remarkable, the televised debate between the three main UK party leaders was screened on one of the 24 hour news channels here. It was done live and with simultaneous translation. The translator for Nick Clegg was a woman.

I have to say watching it made me quite cross. It sounded like all three thought that keeping those nasty, benefit seeking foreigners out of the UK was a spot on idea. I'm sure it was just my faliure to understand the Spanish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second class citizens

Shopping

A bit bigger than 12 gauge