Mobile phones

Lots of things in Spain are different from the UK and lots of things are exactly the same. For instance, I don't really use my mobile phone much at all but every time it explodes into life I'll be in the pictures or driving or zipping up in the gents.

I was in the supermarket queue today, packing stuff into carriers when it started ringing. It was a chap from the Wall Street Institute, a langauge school that has my CV. They wanted to offer me an interview. So there I am fighting the noise, the lettuce and the chicken and trying to have a sober conversation with a possible employer in a language that causes me immense difficulty under the best of circumstances. I have the interview though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales of Empire

Shopping

Second class citizens