Back on the phone contract

The last post mentioned trying to change the details of the phone contract on the website. I tried several times. Someone who moderated a project I did at College about homelessness described my work as tenacious; a word I've used ever since to describe myself. Maggie, sticking with Hemingway in the "there's always a better and shorter word" sense tends to the word stubborn when describing me.

Anyway the website said no and continued to say no. It worked in that infuriating way where you complete the whole form then press the button to save changes at which point it dumps the lot and makes you start all over again. By the end I'd learned how the Movistar database deals with our, rather vague, up a track with no street name and two possible post codes, address. I went back to the shop to get them to change the address on their reseller's database which I can't access.

I spent 20 minutes explaining our address over and over to the young woman in the shop who may not have been old enough to ever leave the confines of Cartgena, maybe the occasional club in Murcia but certainly no dirt tracks amidst vineyards and olive trees. The reseller's database and the public database were not the same. I was confident of Caserío Culebron as the way to describe the house address - it means something a bit like hamlet - it was on my version of the database but on hers Aldea de Culebrón - it means something a bit like hamlet - had to do. She couldn't change the postal address though. Her database wouldn't allow that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit bigger than 12 gauge

Second class citizens

Shopping