Horse muck and frilly frocks

Today was a local holiday in the region so we chose to pass some of our day watching a procession of horses and carriages in La Aljorra.

I generally try to keep clear of the fore and aft of horses. One end has a tendency to smash jaws. The other, I'm sure, like camels, goes for the occasional disembowelling. As I mingled with the crowd taking snaps I was very aware of being too close to the dangerous parts of horses. There were horses everywhere, more than you could shake a stick at, of every shape, size and colour.

Yet again I found myself wondering why there was so much Andalucian influence in a Murcian event. Flat hats, fancy hair styles, flouncy frocks and high grey striped trousers in every direction. Maggie tells me that it's because there was a lot of immigration of Andalucians into Murcia. I reckon it's because the Murcianos like to dress up and Andaluces do it with a certain panache.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales of Empire

Shopping

Second class citizens