To the barricades!

I don't suppose the students will be driving the trams - at least not in Cartagena mainly because there aren't any trams. Nonetheless we do have a General Strike planned here for next Wednesday - 29th September.

It's in the news of course but I've only heard one conversation about it between ordinary people. Then again we are rather cut off from the mainstream of everyday conversation with the Spanish person on the equivalent of the Clapham Omnibus. So whether it will be as damp a squib as the strike of Civil servants and local Government workers called just before the summer I don't know. To be honest I suppose that nobody will know till the day. So far none of my workmates have proposed militant action at the language school where I work.

Considering the deathly hush I was rather surprised when lots of posters and placards turned up close to the flat. This large one was hand done. Nice to know thre are still a few local activists.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit bigger than 12 gauge

Second class citizens

Shopping