Turn right by the insurance office

I don't usually answer my phone when I'm teaching but ham fistedness on the buttons meant that I did the other day. It was a bit embarrassing as I exposed my doggerel Spanish to the listening students.

The phone call was from a parcel carrier who was coming to collect some orange juice in a cool box bound for Germany. As we were talking on the phone I gave street names and described features. Suddenly I knew he was in the right place - ah yes, there's the bank and the travel agent and the old warehouse - got it, oh, and the house number is in a big circle on the glass door - I left him to park his van, at least in my mind, and got back to the present perfect.

When I finished the lesson I rang Maggie to make sure the delivery had gone smoothly. It turned out that they still hadn't called. Then it dawned on me. The carrier was following my directions on Google Street View.

It just didn't seem Spanish somehow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit bigger than 12 gauge

Second class citizens

Shopping