To laugh or cry

I changed my bank account recently, basically the same bank but a different account. The bank offered the option to amend all my standing orders and direct debits online via the Internet site. I did that. The result was a bit curate's egg. Some bills have been taken from the new account whilst some have gone from the old account.

Driving back to Cartagena tonight it struck me that maybe I should amend the payment details, that is the bank account number, on the websites of the organisations I pay the bills to as well as to the bank.

The phone company is offline. I notice that the website gives my name as Christofher Jhon Thompson. The address is also wrong.

My mobile phone provider is offline.

My electricity supplier is offline.

My credit card provider requires that I fax identity documents, proof of ownership of the bank account etc to them before they can confirm the change.

The people who deal with water, rates and car tax are an honourable exception. Well done SUMA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit bigger than 12 gauge

Second class citizens

Shopping