The joke's on me

My mobile phone operator, Movistar, sent me an email about my latest phone bill. I wanted to know when the payment will be taken from my bank so I clicked on the email link to check the payment details. I got an error message to say that the site was temporarily unavailable.

This is a standard occurrence. The Movistar site fails more often than it works. I'm not busy so I decided to write to them and complain about the general unreliability and complexity of their website. Their email form made the job of complaining quite difficult. I had to choose from various drop down menus none of which were specifically about their web site. The form itself was a brilliant example of the the poor design of the website.

I found something on the form which was vaguely Internet related and vented my spleen. I pushed the send button. A 404 error message came up. Web Page not found. I backspaced to have another try and the homepage came up. The homepage apologised for the general unavailability of their services. My carefully crafted Spanish message had disappeared into the ether.

I'm sure there are some good Spanish websites but I'm damned if I've ever found one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales of Empire

Second class citizens

Shopping