Sneakiness and booziness

I went to pick Maggie up from Alicante, El Altet, airport. She's been away for the long bank holiday weekend in the UK and by her account she spent most of the time in shops. She says it was a bit cold and grey and wet but very dynamic in Liverpool. By contrast I'd stopped off in Alicante on the way in. There were people sunbathing on the beach and it was a very pleasant 23ºC but the town looks much the same as it has for years and years.

Maggie had flown out of Murcia airport and it was the first time I'd been to Alicante for a while. Since I was there they seem to have sneakily built a whole new airport! It's not operational yet but it was a bit of a shock seeing all those shiny glass buildings as I drove in to the car park.

And, as we left the toll motorway on the drive back to Cartagena, all the traffic was being pulled over (Imagine trying to pull over every vehicle leaving the M6 toll!) and the drivers breathalyzed. It was the first time ever. I hadn't touched a drop of course so no problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit bigger than 12 gauge

Second class citizens

Shopping