Trinity is still my name!

That printer doesn't work, and the other one's broken. Rather a subtle difference to my mind but that's why I signed, on some sort of digital pad, the contract for my phone without seeing it. My father would have been cross with me.

The phone shop sent me the contract by email and I read it yesterday for the first time. No problem with the details of the contract but, despite having official documents to copy from, despite careful explanations on my part, despite writing out the name of the village, the town, the postcode etc. the shop assistant recorded on the contract that I live in Alicante city, on a street called Culebrón and my postcode reflects that address.

I have tried to change the details on the Movistar website but, characteristically, it reported an error over and over again. Spanish websites often don't work.

They made a big fuss last year about everyone registering their mobile phones. It's an anti-terrorist measure they said, not an infringement of your rights to keep information to yourself, they said. Not a tricky obstacle to most terrorists then if they get a shop assistant like mine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit bigger than 12 gauge

Second class citizens

Shopping