We must have one!

Maggie sent me to the Iceland Supermarket. She wanted me to buy big tin of Quality Street to share with her workmates.

As I wandered the shelves I was tempted by all that pre-packed, pre-cooked food, that is so absent from supermarket shelves here. I resisted but then buckled as I passed the Fray Bentos steak and kidney pies. I plead a single and solitary past.

The next day I bought some veg to go with it and headed home. Oven heating up, water in pans, veg ready to slice and then I started to hunt for a tin opener. No tin opener. Who needs a tin opener nowadays with all the ring pull stuff? I went and rang at the neighbours door to borrow one. No good, they were out, and being lunchtime all the shops were closed. The pie had to wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second class citizens

Shopping

A bit bigger than 12 gauge