You must be pulling my leg

So, I'm in the waiting room in the health centre at eight in the morning. The process for taking blood is quick, a production line. There are maybe thirty of us in the room. I'm sitting there with my left leg crossed over my right. I shuffle, right over left. I'm reading.

As the electronic scoreboard closes in on my number I lose interest in the book and my gaze wanders around the room. I am the only person with my legs crossed. Everyone else, young and old, male and female has their legs akimbo - both feet firmly planted on the floor.

I mentioned this to Carlos. I asked other Spaniards. Amazingly they confirmed, with plenty of exceptions and extra detail, that crossing ones legs is not very Spanish.

I still don't really think it's true. Interesting if it were though.

Comments

  1. Hello, I've just found this blogs when looking for information about Cartagena and sorroundings. Got impressed really by your comments. It is not true at all, that Spaniards do not corss legs while seating... not at all. It must has been a concidence that you did not see anyone crossing legs. Best Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tales of Empire

Second class citizens

Shopping